CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

A simple layout for little pictures

Today was my day for guest designer over at Pam's blog,  

Well I started one project and Drew sat his sippy cup on it's side on the mat of cuts :(  so I gave up for a bit and left the room.   Being so frustrated with that I decided to try it again later, only this time while the crystal effects were drying, I went to clean up some smashed Honey Nut Cheerios I had given him, well one big blow and there were cheerios in the crystal effects UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I give.  I know I was bad letting him eat and drink in there, but if I hadn't I wouldn't have been in there at all.

So I waited until ALL were in bed and started again, only now my heart was no longer in the project.  So instead I worked on a layout I have been wanting to do.

This layout is for those "little" pictures that can not fill a page if left independent.  So I made a larger title, larger die cuts and then added some journaling area.

Using my Gypsy I laid out the entire page on a 12x24 mat and did all the cuts at one time.  I used Nate's Abc's and Give a Hoot is all.

The title and shadow are cut at 1.25 inches  the inchworm was cut at 3 inches and the butterfly from GAH was cut on shadow twice at 2 inches. 








I used the Cuttlebug Divine swirls to add some flair to the top layer of the butterfly then inked him using some cheap ink and even though it is a boy page I had to add a few stickles :)





Also had to add a little ribbon in there that I used Beacon's 3n1 to hold down each fold as it was too late to haul out the sewing machine.





I trimmed off a piece of white card stock and then laid that on top my Scor pal to get the inch and half inch markings for my "tape measure" strip down the center here.  The photo mats and journal mats are all 2x2.  I used a round journal stamp so that the corners would have a little something but not too much since I had already used a butterfly, ribbon and stickles on a boy page :)

I do have to say that I love the font on Nate's Abcs, but not really liking the shadow to the font, just not enough "shadow" there for my tastes





I plan to put some little pics of Drew in that I know are from Dr. visit days and list the height next to it with any journaling relevant to the picture.

Sorry Pam but at 3am creativity is not very high LOL

3 comments:

papillon digital design said...

This is awesome! Love that caterpillar!
see you even had time to pleat up the ribbon.Lovely

JennyKozar said...

I love it!

Shawn Mosch said...

I love this layout! I just gave you an award at http://craftychicsblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-won-award.html