CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Happy Saturday and some yummy cookies

Ok those that have been interested in my once a month cooking.  I have now added some new arsenal to my stock.  Pre-packaged cookies. 

You know those days or night when you want a fresh homemade cookie but don't want to go through the whole deal of making them?  Well here's a simple and inexpensive way to go about that urge.






I found the recipe for this oatmeal with chocolate chips (instead of raisins) here at Fake it Frugal and thought I would try some out.

I set up a bunch of quart size bags and set up adding all the ingredients assembly line fashion.  Then put them in a storage box for use later.

Wouldn't you know it though, about an hour after putting them safely away for another day, the men of the house decided they wanted a cookie.

So not only did I get to see how easy it was to set up a few months supply of cookie mixes today, we are also going to be able to tell you first hand..............are they really any good?  Are they really easy to whip up a batch on a moments notice?

Here's the answer to that first question




Yes they ARE THAT GOOD, my whole house smells like cinnamon and warm cookies and they taste as good as if I had taken an hour to make them.

Easy?  It couldn't get much easier than this (well it could if you had paid for the package at the store) but I have to tell you, these cookies taste FRESH HOMEMADE, those mixes always leave a little after taste in my mouth.  They do in a pinch but they are NOT homemade, however, these mixes here that you make yourself....................NOTHING BUT HOMEMADE GOODNESS.

And I have to tell you they are so easy to make and quick that Craig who likes to take cookies to work for his morning break even said he could do a batch while he was having his morning coffee before he went to work.  I think that's a wonderful idea, all his friends would think he has an awesome wife at home that gets up at 4am to make him fresh cookies LOL

1 comment:

Kymberlee - The Mama Midwife said...

I dont like those kind of cookies but it still made my mouth water and kicked in a sweet craving.